Based on the experiences, observations, and challenges of these
men, the following important issues were chosen for the Mission
School Curriculum. Some of the more critical topics were:
- Character development
- Outmoded methods and ideas of effective missions outreach.
- High rate of attrition of missionaries--two of the most
frequent reasons were:
- A. Understanding the cost involved to one's own life
- B. Relationships between fellow missionaries
- Difficulty of adjusting to cultural and ethnic customs
- All the skills needed for successful missions outreach
Out of the many lecture hours that were recorded, two hundred
and fourty hours were selected for the curriculum. One of the key
elements chosen for the curriculum was that of character building.
The curriculum, therefore, begins with character development and
then moves on to mission skill-sessions.
Below is a list of the curriculum. You can watch a short sample and read a brief description of each course by selecting it.